We’re already six-months into a year that feels like it never really got started, and what a whirlwind Coronavirus has caused!
Working with property for over 20 years and as a property Manager for nearly 10 years’, I have never known a market like this. We thought this year would be all about Brexit, and the impact that would have on our business community but that seems like a worry of the past at the moment.
But despite the current conditions, we have seen a silver lining.
At STEP we have been reviewing information on a daily basis across all of our departments, to get the clearest possible picture of what is happening across Stirling, whether it be about Business Support, HR issues or Property.
It is crucial that we understand fully the demand for business space viewings, how our tenants are doing, and whether they have been able to trade.
All these things have influenced how we have been moving forward and, after weeks working behind the scenes preparing, we’re happy to report we’re now taking our next ‘new normal’ step.
Even during these unprecedented times, we have been continuing to welcome new tenants and receiving enquiries from businesses looking for premises.
The Property Team have had a presence on-site throughout, as well as remotely when possible. We are working hard to make sure our buildings are ready to welcome tenants back to the workplace and also that we carry out viewings safely. We have therefore developed a COVID Property Viewing Guide to allow us to carry out your business space viewing safely and in accordance with Government guidance.
STEP Property Viewings | A Guide to staying safe while viewing our business space
Before a viewing
While anyone that is serious about taking on premises will want to view the space in person, the Government has advised that, wherever possible, remote viewings should take place before physical viewings.
As an initial gauge of interest and to ensure physical viewings only go ahead with those seriously looking to occupy our business space, we will initially send you as much detail as you request in relation to the space including size, layout, images, location plan as well as all terms and conditions.
Again, in line with Government guidance, anyone experiencing Coronavirus symptoms should stay at home and no viewing will go ahead if any party is experiencing symptoms or has recently tested positive for Coronavirus. To ensure confidence you will be asked to answer the following questions prior to any viewing (and so will STEP staff carrying out the viewing):
- Are you or anyone in your household displaying symptoms of COVID-19?
- Is anyone in your household currently self-isolating?
- Is anyone in your household shielding or in the high-risk category?
If the answer to any of the above is yes, then the viewing will not proceed.
On the day of the viewing
Ahead of the viewing, we will contact you again to ask the above questions to ensure the viewing can take place.
You will be asked to sign in at the reception of the building where the viewing is taking place (for contract tracing purposes).
Protecting you during viewings
- The business space will be opened up prior to the viewing and all touch points cleaned
- Sanitising units are available at all receptions and other locations within all buildings
- We will remain a distance of 2 metres’ from you at all times
- Viewing staff will handle all doors, light switches and other touch points
- If the space you are viewing is still occupied, we will ensure that the current tenant is not in attendance
- Only one STEP staff member will carry out the viewing
- If you have any questions these will be answered during the viewing, after the viewing in reception or outside, or by a follow up call if preferred
- After your viewing, the business space will be locked and all touch points will be cleaned
What you can do to help
To help minimise the number of people at the viewing, please arrive alone or with one other person
Preparing for your viewing
You may wish to consider bringing along the following:
- Sanitiser or wipes – to clean your hands before, during and after the viewing
- Facemask – non-essential but acceptable if you wish to wear a facemask during the viewing
- Gloves – non-essential but acceptable if you wish to wear gloves during the viewing
- Viewing checklist – a list of everything you wish to view and questions you may have
- Writing material – be it a pen, pencil, notebook or phone, you may wish to make notes
- Mobile phone – to contact us if required and to take photos or make notes
- Bottle of water – we are unable to offer you a refreshment during the viewing
We apologise in advance that we will not be able to shake hands but we look forward to welcoming you to your viewing.
If you have any questions or would like more information you can get in touch with our Property team on email@example.com.