Whilst during lockdown we have seen many of the benefits of working from home, wearing comfy’s all day being a personal favourite, our local businesses have been telling us they are missing the connection of face-to-face discussions, productive planning and workshop sessions. – we hear you loud and clear!
We have worked hard behind the scenes before reopening at the end of June to ensure all of our meeting rooms were ready to welcome back clients safely. Small groups have been using our meeting space to come together to meet in a COVID-19 secure space.
The health and safety of our staff and clients is always our biggest concern which is why we have developed a COVID Meeting Space Guide to give everyone the assurance that we have put in all necessary steps and are working in accordance with the current Government guidance. If you have any concerns or questions that are not addressed in this guidance please contact a member of our team for more information.
A Guide to staying safe while using our meeting spaces
All of our meeting spaces have been configured so that the current recommended two-metre social distancing is in place. This means that layout and capacity of our spaces has been restricted.
- All chairs will be placed two metres apart
- Refreshments are available (must be ordered at least 48 hours before your meeting)
- Stationery has already been removed but is available upon request
Before your Meeting Space booking takes place
In line with Government guidance, anyone experiencing Coronavirus symptoms should stay at home and if any delegate is experiencing symptoms or has recently tested positive for Coronavirus, they must not attend the meeting. To ensure confidence it is your responsibility to ask everyone attending your meeting to answer the following questions prior to the meeting/event:
- Are you or anyone in your household displaying symptoms of COVID-19?
- Is anyone in your household currently self-isolating?
- Is anyone in your household shielding or in the high-risk category?
If the answer to any of the above is yes, these delegates will not be able to attend the meeting.
On the day of your meeting
- You will be asked to sign in at the reception of the building where the meeting is taking place (for contact tracing purposes).
Protecting you during your meeting
- Your meeting space will be cleaned prior to arrival
- The meeting space will be opened prior to your meeting and all touch points cleaned
- Sanitising units are available at all receptions as well as other locations within all buildings
- STEP staff will remain a distance of 2 metres from you at all times
- After your meeting, all touch points will be cleaned, and the meeting room will be locked
As guidelines change and restrictions are lifted, we will continue to amend our procedures to ensure your safety. We will also continue to monitor room capacities, increasing capacity only when the government guidance advises that it is safe to do so. We will also be looking at the option of screens to assist with increasing capacity in rooms safely.
|Meeting rooms||All meeting room chairs will be placed two metres apart regardless of layout and maximum numbers have been reduced to allow us to accommodate for this. Notepads and pens have already been removed but are available upon request|
|Catering||Catering is available in the form of ‘lunch bags’ Shared catering platers are currently unavailable|
|Refreshments||Each delegate will be provided with their own cup, glass and bottle of water (cups and glasses will be in clear bags) Hot drinks machines and/or coffee stations will be provided Sanitiser, wipes and tissues will be available|