What Information we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including address, phone number, and email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests
- Company information such as name, employee numbers and other details
- Other information relevant to newsletters, customer surveys and/or enquiry information such as property size etc…
We may collect this information when:
- You get in touch with us via a contact form, phone call or email
- You complete a data protection form through a STEP or Business Gateway member of staff
- You join our Mailing List
- You voluntarily complete a customer survey
- Participate in our TALK magazine
- Become a STEP Tenant
- Your details are passed to us as part of a contract we are delivering
- Your are commissioned as a contractor on behalf of STEP
How we use your data
We may process your data to:
- Answer your enquiry
- Internal record keeping
- Contacting you about services
- Improving our products and services
- If you have opted in we may send promotional and informative emails about news, business products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- If you have agreed, we may use information for testimonial or case study purposes across our social media accounts and website.
- If your details have been provided as part of a contract, we may share your information with contractors to provide the services you require.
STEP delivers Business Gateway services for Stirling and we may share your information with that department if their services will benefit you. We will not share your information for marketing purposes with any company outside of STEP.
We would like to send you relevant information about products and services of ours. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please get in touch via any of the methods below.
When you sign up for our mailing list you will receive ad hoc newsletters informing you ‘what’s on’ at STEP and Business Gateway Stirling. This may include some news and product information.
If you make a property enquiry and are not ready to take on premises you will be added to our vacant property newsletter mailing list and receive a quarterly email detailing what property that, we have available. You may unsubscribe to any of our mailing lists at any time by contacting us or selecting unsubscribe on the latest newsletter you receive.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online or offline. We use Microsoft Dynamics Office 365 CRM software to ensure your data is secure.
How long we store your information will depend on the purpose it was collected. For further information on our retention guidelines please get in touch.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please get in touch via any of the methods below.
Cookies and Links
We collect cookies to allow us to measure and analyse behaviours of our website visitors. Individual user data is not stored and, once the statistical information has been analysed, it is removed from the system.
Web browser cookies
If you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies which are set on your device then you can do this through your browser settings; the Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
Links to other sites
This website contains links to external websites. Privacy policies on these sites may vary and, as such, we are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of these sites.
Changes and compliance
General Data Protection Act
STEP is fully compliant with the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018).
Get in touch
|Data Protection Officer
Jenn McArthur, Marketing Manager
|You can get in touch with us via:
Call: 01786 463 416