Helping Employers Recruit Fairly
Once you register for this meeting you will have access to an Online event page which includes the link to join the event. You will be sent a link to this page when you register for an event, 48 hours prior, 2 hours prior, and 10 minutes before the event begins.
‘Scotland Works for You’ is a collaborative group initiated in early 2017 with the aim of securing opportunities for people with convictions to lead positive, healthy lives that contribute to society.
The initiative also aims to reduce both the stigma of having a conviction and the barriers to integration, through employment and education for individuals with convictions. In collaboration with Stirling Community Planning Partnership, ‘Scotland Works for You’ is hosting two Stirling focused sessions to support groups to:
- Challenge their values and beliefs about people who have an offending background.
- Reassess their views on recruiting individuals who have an offending background.
- Raise awareness of perceptions that exist about people with an offending background.
- Understand how Disclosure Information can be used when assessing risk in recruitment.
By the end of this session attendees will be able to:
- Understand how stereotyping can impact behaviours.
- Demonstrate an understanding of risk assessing conviction information.
This session is being run in collaboration with Stirling Community Planning Partnership, Stirling and Clackmannanshire Employer Engagement Forum (on behalf of Stirling Council), Disclosure Scotland, Stirling Community Enterprise, Stirling Voluntary Enterprise and STEP.